Friends of the
Vernon Cancer Center
The Joan & James Vernon Cancer Center at Newton-Wellesley Hospital opened in September 2009 and provides comprehensive compassionate cancer care - all in a convenient community setting.
In addition to expert medical oncology and radiation oncology services, the hospital offers a wide variety of Integrative Support Services that benefit our cancer patients and their families. These services help reduce symptoms, improve quality of life, and boost patients’ ability to cope with the anxiety and stress of a cancer diagnosis and treatment plan. Services include:
- Patient Navigator
- Genetic programs
- Nutritional support before, during, and after treatment
- Social work services
- Pappas PACT (Parenting At a Challenging Time) Program – for parents diagnosed with cancer
- Therapeutic mind–body programs to achieve optimal healing
- Pain management and Palliative Care services
- Educational and support workshops
Free Flu Shot ClinicsBe wise and immunize
Upcoming Clinics >
Save the Date: Jan. 14 - Built to Run ClinicHelp for current or recurrent running injuries. Learn how to prevent future running injuries.
Learn More >