Gifts through a Bequest
- Ability to make a major gift while preserving your assets during your lifetime;
- Retain full ownership and use of your assets throughout your life;
- Flexible – a bequest is not permanent and can be changed if your life circumstances change;
- Potential reduction in taxes payable by your estate;
- Opportunity to designate your gift to a specific program or interest you care about;
- Ease of arrangement -- your attorney can incorporate gift language as a part of the drafting process.
- A specific dollar amount or percentage - “the sum of $20,000”;
- A particular asset - “100 shares of ABC Corp. stock”;
- The remainder once other assets have been distributed - “fifty percent of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate”;
- In addition, your bequest can be used for different purposes:
- Restricted use, enabling you to support a particular area of interest;
- Unrestricted, allowing Newton-Wellesley Hospital to use your gift wherever the need is greatest.
February Pre-Marathon Runner’s Injury Screenings
Come to one of our free runner’s screenings where you will be assessed by a physical therapist and given appropriate treatment recommendations as they relate to your goals.
Learn More >
Wellness Center Classes
Did you know we offer a variety of exercise and fitness classes designed to accommodate various levels and abilities? Many of our classes are starting this January. Our schedule is available for you to view.
Learn More >