Patient and Family Advisory Council
The mission of Newton-Wellesley Hospital’s Patient and Family Advisory Council (NWH PFAC) is to serve as liaison to the patients, families and communities served by Newton-Wellesley Hospital and to support the Hospital as it endeavors to better serve these groups.
Members of the Council draw from their own health care experiences, the experiences of their families, and of their fellow community members to ensure patient, family and community perspectives are considered when programs are developed, implemented and revised.
Some of the PFAC's accomplishments since its founding in 2006 include:
- Process flow redesign in the Emergency Department
- Contributed to design of the new Emergency Department
- Service development in the Maternity Department and the Geriatric Unit
- Spurred community mental health program “Crisis in the Classroom”
- Better hospital gowns in the Women's Imaging Center
- Expansion of flu vaccine clinics to nearby areas
- New service area concepts and feedback
- Improvements to electronic patient registration and tracking system
The Council meets four times a year at Newton-Wellesley Hospital in the evenings. Our members also serve on work groups, committees and special projects as needed, and also volunteer at the Hospital.
If you would like to know more about the Council or are interested in becoming a Council member, please email Brian O'Dea, Director of Marketing and Public Affairs.
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
Think Pink! Girls' Night OutJoin us on Tuesday, October 21, from 6:30-8:30 pm at the Newton Marriott for a celebration of women's health. Includes a wine reception, hors d'oeuvres, and a health panel.
Learn More >