The Department of Radiology at Newton-Wellesley Hospital offers a variety of imaging and interventional procedures. We perform more than 200,000 adult and pediatric exams every year and have gained distinction as a community hospital that offers expertise in all aspects of radiology.
Location and Hours
We have twenty-two radiologists with specialized training on staff - all are board certified by the American College of Radiology.
Serving Greater Boston, we offer our services onsite at Newton-Wellesley Hospital and offsite at three additional locations in eastern Massachusetts:
We recognize the importance of staying on top of the latest medical advancements and use the very latest radiologic equipment. We also strive to create the safest environment for our patients by implementing technology that significantly reduces exposure to radiation and radioactive substances.
Our Radiology Services
We provide a wide range of diagnostic and interventional radiology procedures, including:
- CT Scan: Computed Tomography (CT scan) is a valuable, painless diagnostic tool that allows the radiologist to see a cross sectional picture of the body. Diagnostic
- X-rays & Fluoroscopy: Using state of the art-computerized radiography and digital imaging technology we can acquire the highest quality images of body parts.
- PET Scan: Positron emission tomography (PET) allow our clinicians to pinpoint the location of cancer within the body before making treatment recommendations.
- Ultrasound: 25 highly trained sonographers provide a wide range of ultrasounds, including Abdominal Ultrasounds, Fetal Exams, Pelvic Ultrasound and more.
- Mammography: Also called a mammography, a mammogram is a critical diagnostic tool in the fight against breast cancer.
- MRI: MRIs allow our physicians to examine internal body structures which cannot be seen using conventional X-rays or CT scans.
- Interventional Radiology: An advanced, minimally invasive technique for treating a wide variety of medical conditions
- Nuclear Medicine: Used to examine a patient's organs, trace body processes and diagnose abnormalities without having to perform invasive surgery or more complex diagnostic testing
Contact The Radiology Department
Pre-Registration: 617-243-6122 or register online
Billing Questions: 866-634-2285
Schedule a Procedure: 617-243-6800