About The Women's Imaging Center
The Center offers high-quality care and has been designated as a Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology.
Providing Responsive Patient Care
We know that women lead busy lives. Time is of the essence, especially regarding medical issues. In addition to constraints on your time, we know the thought of cancer is anxiety provoking. We want to provide emotional support and decreased anxiety while allowing you to take an active role in your care.
Diagnostic exams are offered at the Newton-Wellesley Hospital campus. Same day results will be available.
The Center offers two options for your screening mammograms: screening mammograms with same-day results or results in five business days.
Same-Day Results: The Center offers screening mammograms with same-day results, which may require extended time at the Center. (This option must be requested when you schedule your appointment.) If there is a finding that requires further evaluation, you will have the option of same-day testing including additional mammography views and breast ultrasound if necessary. If a needle biopsy is required, it can be performed that day when circumstances permit.
Results in Five Business Days: If patients choose not to wait for same-day results, they will receive their mammogram results within five business days. This appointment does not require any additional waiting time once your mammogram is complete. If additional testing is needed, you will be contacted and scheduled for an appointment as soon as possible.
Your referring physician is an important member of our team. We will notify your physician of test results and, if needed, discuss your treatment plans. We make sure each woman is evaluated individually and that further breast care is customized to her needs and the findings on her breast studies.
- Bone Densitometry: Detailed imaging capabilities can detect bone loss and guide your physician to an appropriate treatment plan if necessary.
- Computer-aided detection (CAD): This sophisticated technology aides the radiologist in identifying findings on mammography that may need further evaluation.
- Digital mammography: Our equipment is cutting edge and includes Advanced Image Enhancement™. Digital mammography improves detection of breast cancer, especially for women with dense breasts.
- Stereotactic breast biopsy unit: Provides guidance for minimally invasive needle biopsies, which can avoid the need for surgical biopsies or can help plan appropriate surgical treatment.
- Tomosynthesis - 3D mammography: This new technology allows the physician to see thin mammography sections of the entire breast.
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
Annual Gala Benefits Child PsychiatryThe Newton-Wellesley Hospital Charitable Foundation’s 15th Annual Gala benefits the Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Service.
Learn More >
Wellness Classes Offered Throughout the YearDid you know we offer Pilates, Zumba, Yoga and other wellness classes year-round? Sign up now.
Learn More >