Integrative Support Services
Patients who come to the Vernon Cancer Center have access to the full range of integrative support services provided by a full-service hospital such as Radiology and Laboratory Services, Rehabilitation Services and Physical Therapy. These experts are dedicated to providing care for cancer patients and helping them to live life as normally as possible despite their cancer diagnosis.
To ensure coordinated delivery of patient care, the Center offers patients access to a Patient Navigator. The Navigator provides support from the point of diagnosis through the entire continuum of care and works in conjunction with the physician to review, educate, implement and evaluate services that will complement the patient’s care plan. The Patient Navigator creates awareness for patients and their families about community resources and educational programs. Navigator Cindy Krasnecky, BSN, OCN, received the 2011 Multisite Tumor Navigator of the Year Award from the Academy of Oncology Nurse Navigators, Inc. More
The Center also offers educational and support workshops and other positive life-enhancing support services. Services provided for patients include:
- Cancer Clinical Trials including research conducted in collaboration with Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Dana-Farber Partners Cancer Care.
- Genetics programs including Newton-Wellesley’s High Risk Assessment Program, genetics counselor, outreach and education.
- Mind, body and relaxation services such as Reiki, massage and yoga.
- Nutritional support to help patients get adequate nutrition and meet their dietary needs before, during and after their treatment.
- PACT (Parenting At a Challenging Time), a service of Massachusetts General Hospital, to help parents who are undergoing cancer treatment address the concerns of their children.
- Pain management services tailored to deal with each patient’s unique diagnosis providing a better quality of life.
- Palliative care services that focus on the pain, symptoms and stress of a cancer diagnosis.
- Psychological and social services to help patients and their families deal with the emotional impact of the initial diagnosis and treatment.
- Special Programs including exercise programs and art therapy.
- Support Groups for cancer patients and survivors and their families.
Patients and their families have access to the Cancer Center Resource Center with computer access to the American Cancer Society and other related web sites.
Books, DVDs and video games are available in the Resource Center.
Wireless Internet Access
Patients have access to wireless Internet service during treatment.
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
Free Post-Marathon Athlete Injury ClinicsCome to our free injury clinics for the diagnosis and treatment of injuries or illnesses that are the result of participating in the Boston Marathon.
Learn More >
Wellness Classes Offered Throughout the YearDid you know we offer Pilates, Zumba, Yoga and other wellness classes year-round? Sign up now.
Learn More >