Welcome to the Department of Surgery
The Surgery Department at Newton-Wellesley Hospital provides residents in Greater Boston and communities throughout Massachusetts with surgical solutions for diagnosing and treating a wide range of medical conditions. Our surgeons are board-certified in their areas of expertise, and our facilities are equipped in the latest surgical technology, including minimally invasive instruments for minimizing procedure and recovery times.
Preparing For Your Surgery Guide (pdf)
Our surgery subspecialties include:
- General Surgery – Includes bariatric, breast and gastrointestinal surgery services.
- Gynecologic Surgery – Diagnosis and treatment of common gynecologic conditions are handled at our Center for Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery (MIGS).
- Neurosurgery - High-quality neurosurgical care for nearly all forms of neurosurgical diseases, including intracranial, spinal, peripheral nerve, and sympathetic nervous system diseases.
- Ophthalmology - Comprehensive service for all aspects of eye care including but not limited to eye surgery.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery - Programs offered for implantology, orthognathic surgery, oral lesions, dental care of medically compromised patients.
- Otolaryngology - In addition to general otolaryngology services, our subspecialists provide expertise in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery and head and neck surgical oncology.
- Plastic Surgery – Surgical treatment of physical defects of form or function involving the skin, musculoskeletal system, cranio-maxillofacial structures, hand, extremities, breast and trunk, and external genitalia.
- Thoracic Surgery - Staffed by Massachusetts General Hospital surgeons offering complete thoracic surgical care.
- Urology - Complete and comprehensive care for medical and surgical disorders of the urinary tract.
- Vascular Surgery - Offering excellence in vascular and endovascular surgery. .
Center for Weight Loss SurgeryA leader in the field of bariatric surgery
Learn More >
Vernon Cancer CenterOffers patients expert and innovative services and advanced treatment options
Learn More >
The Kaplan Joint CenterOffer patients a better quality of life and relief from joint pain
Learn More >
Spine CenterProvides surgical and non-surgical intervention for a variety of spine conditions
Manton Women's Imaging CenterThe first hospital to offer tomosynthesis, 3D mammography to every patient
Center for Weight Loss SurgeryA leader in the field of bariatric surgery for more than a decade Learn More >
Vernon Cancer CenterOffers patients expert and innovative services and advanced treatment options Learn More >
Kaplan Center for Joint Reconstruction SurgeryOffers patients a better qualiy of life and relief from joint pain Learn More >
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
May 24: Free Skin Cancer Screening
Make your appointment for a free skin cancer screening by a Newton-Wellesley Hospital dermatologist