Welcome to the Department of Radiology/Imaging
The Department of Radiology at Newton-Wellesley Hospital offers a variety of imaging and interventional procedures. We perform more than 200,000 adult and pediatric exams every year and have gained distinction as a community hospital that offers expertise in all aspects of radiology.
We have twenty-two radiologists with specialized training on staff - all are board certified by the American College of Radiology.
We recognize the importance of staying on top of the latest medical advancements and use the very latest radiologic equipment. We also strive to create the safest environment for our patients by implementing technology that significantly reduces exposure to radiation and radioactive substances.
For general information on radiology/imaging, you may visit www.radiologyinfo.org.
Our Radiology Services
We provide a wide range of diagnostic and interventional radiology procedures, including:
- CT Scan: Computed Tomography (CT scan) is a valuable, painless diagnostic tool that allows the radiologist to see a cross sectional picture of the body. Diagnostic
- X-rays & Fluoroscopy: Using state of the art-computerized radiography and digital imaging technology we can acquire the highest quality images of body parts.
- PET Scan: Positron emission tomography (PET) allow our clinicians to pinpoint the location of cancer within the body before making treatment recommendations.
- Ultrasound: 25 highly trained sonographers provide a wide range of ultrasounds, including Abdominal Ultrasounds, Fetal Exams, Pelvic Ultrasound and more.
- Mammography: Also called a mammography, a mammogram is a critical diagnostic tool in the fight against breast cancer.
- MRI: MRIs allow our physicians to examine internal body structures which cannot be seen using conventional X-rays or CT scans.
- Interventional Radiology: An advanced, minimally invasive technique for treating a wide variety of medical conditions
- Nuclear Medicine: Used to examine a patient's organs, trace body processes and diagnose abnormalities without having to perform invasive surgery or more complex diagnostic testing
Pre-Registration: 617-243-6122 or register online
Billing Questions: 866-634-2285
Schedule a Procedure: 617-243-6800
The Department of Radiology at Newton-Wellesley Hospital encourages all patients to pre-register by telephone at 617-243-6122 or to pre-register online. Please have your insurance and all personal information ready to ensure your process is completed.
The only walk-in services we have are for routine diagnostic X-rays. Before you visit us, your physician needs to perform an exam on you and fax over the order to us. If your physician has not faxed us, you must bring a copy of this information with you to radiology.
For all other procedures, your physician and his/her office staff will work with our centralized scheduling department to schedule your appointment.
Schedule an Appointment
Center for Weight Loss SurgeryA leader in the field of bariatric surgery
Learn More >
Vernon Cancer CenterOffers patients expert and innovative services and advanced treatment options
Learn More >
Jim & Ellen Kaplan Joint CenterOffer patients a better quality of life and relief from joint pain
Learn More >
Spine CenterProvides surgical and non-surgical intervention for a variety of spine conditions
Manton Women's Imaging CenterThe first hospital to offer tomosynthesis, 3D mammography to every patient
Center for Weight Loss SurgeryA leader in the field of bariatric surgery for more than a decade Learn More >
Vernon Cancer CenterOffers patients expert and innovative services and advanced treatment options Learn More >
Kaplan Center for Joint Reconstruction SurgeryOffers patients a better qualiy of life and relief from joint pain Learn More >
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
March 23: Free Health Fair and Community Open HouseJoin us from 9:00 am to noon at the Newton-Wellesley Ambulatory Care Center for health screenings, physician Q&As, special guests and more.
Feb. and March: Pre-Marathon Runner's Injury ScreeningsYou will be assessed by a physical therapist and given appropriate treatment recommendations.
Learn More >