Maternal Fetal Medicine
The Brigham and Women’s/Newton-Wellesley Maternal Fetal Medicine program offers advanced care for complicated pregnancies.
We coordinate intricate medical management during pregnancy, provide necessary procedures and optimize the outcome of pregnancy for the mother and baby in a supportive and caring environment.
Maternal and Fetal Care
- High-risk pregnancy management for multiple pregnancies and any unexpected complications.
- Care for maternal medical complications during pregnancy such as hypertension, diabetes, cardiac disease, seizure disorders and thyroid disease.
- Genetic consultation for risk assessment, discussion of prenatal screening and options such as amniocentesis and chorionic villus sampling.
- Pre-conception counseling to review medical history and discuss potential obstetrical challenges.
- Fetal procedures such as in utero fetal blood transfusion, procedures related to multiple pregnancies and other minor fetal surgical procedures.
Ultrasound & Diagnostic Services
- Obstetrical ultrasound, fetal echocardiography, Doppler ultrasound and genetic sonography imaging for fetal assessment.
- Early detection of fetal abnormalities with maternal serum screenings and ultrasound screenings.
- Comprehensive prenatal diagnoses using amniocentesis, chorionic villus sampling, and fetal blood sampling.
Lisa Dunn-Albanese, MD
Director of Maternal Fetal Medicine
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
Feb. Runner's Injury ScreeningsIs an injury or pain interfering with your running goals? Come to one of our FREE runner's screenings for assessment and appropriate treatment.
March 12: Free Quit Smoking Session at NWHCome to a FREE quit smoking information session that will help you begin taking those important steps toward a goal of tobacco-free living.