Maternal Fetal Medicine
The Brigham and Women’s/Newton-Wellesley Maternal Fetal Medicine program offers advanced care for complicated pregnancies.
We coordinate intricate medical management during pregnancy, provide necessary procedures and optimize the outcome of pregnancy for the mother and baby in a supportive and caring environment.
Maternal and Fetal Care
- High-risk pregnancy management for multiple pregnancies and any unexpected complications.
- Care for maternal medical complications during pregnancy such as hypertension, diabetes, cardiac disease, seizure disorders and thyroid disease.
- Genetic consultation for risk assessment, discussion of prenatal screening and options such as amniocentesis and chorionic villus sampling.
- Pre-conception counseling to review medical history and discuss potential obstetrical challenges.
- Fetal procedures such as in utero fetal blood transfusion, procedures related to multiple pregnancies and other minor fetal surgical procedures.
Genetic Counselor, Jennifer Hume, talks to the Boston Globe about Prenatal Testing
Ultrasound & Diagnostic Services
- Obstetrical ultrasound, fetal echocardiography, Doppler ultrasound and genetic sonography imaging for fetal assessment.
- Early detection of fetal abnormalities with maternal serum screenings and ultrasound screenings.
- Comprehensive prenatal diagnoses using amniocentesis, chorionic villus sampling, and fetal blood sampling.
Lisa Dunn-Albanese, MD
Director of Maternal Fetal Medicine
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
Free Flu Shot ClinicsBe wise and immunize
Upcoming Clinics >
Save the Date: Jan. 14 - Built to Run ClinicHelp for current or recurrent running injuries. Learn how to prevent future running injuries.
Learn More >