Avraham Almozlino, MD, Chief
2000 Washington Street
Newton, MA 02462
The Division of Neurology has expertise in nearly all diagnostic and treatment categories of neurological disorders, including:
- cerebrovascular diseases, such as stroke and migraine
- non-migrainous headaches
- neuromuscular diseases
- occupational disorders
- botulimum toxin injections
The Stroke Service won a 2009 “Get With The Guidelines” gold award by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association for excellence in stroke care.
Other areas of concentration include Multiple Sclerosis, sleep disorders, myasthenia gravis, peripheral nerve and accident/workplace repetitive injuries, cervical and lumbar spine disorders,and Alzheimer’s disease. We also focus on memory/behavioral/neuropsychological disorders, including learning disabilities, epilepsy, pain management and central nervous system tumors.
Both our Neurophysiology Lab and our Sleep Center offer patients complete diagnostic testing in convenient and comfortable environments.
The division is also active in medical education for medical students, interns, and residents.
Call or Email Us to Find a Doctor
We offer three easy and convenient ways to for you to find the doctor who is right for you:
- Use our Find a Physician online search tool to browse available physicians. (Specialties are listed in accordance with the American Board of Medical Specialties and the American Osteopathic Association.)
- Fill out our CareFinder Online Form and a representative will contact you within 24 hours, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Call 617-243-6566 or toll free 866-NWH-DOCS (694-3627) Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm EST to speak to a CareFinder representative.
If you are experiencing a health emergency call 911.
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
Classes - Yoga, CPR, and more
Newton-Wellesley offers a variety of wellness center and childbirth education classes throughout the year. Learn CPR, practice yoga, prepare a sibling for a new child in the family, and more.
» Class info