The Division of Gastroenterology provides Greater Boston communities with wide-ranging clinical expertise in all areas of gastroenterology and hepatology (liver diseases). The division is serviced by highly-trained gastroenterologists who provide specialized care in the areas of esophageal disorders, gastroesophageal reflux disease, liver diseases, disorders of the pancreas and biliary system, and inflammatory bowel diseases (Crohn’s disease and colitis).
Richard L. Curtis, MD, Chief
2000 Washington Street
Newton, MA 02462
Our Gastroenterology Services include:
- Inpatient and outpatient consultations
- Biliary and pancreatic manometry
- Rectal manometry
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Endoscopic ultrasonography
- Liver biopsy
We provide expertise in all aspects of diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy. Over 13,000 procedures are performed in a state-of-the-art endoscopy suite each year.
Our gastroenterologists serve in policy-making organizations, including the American Gastroenterological Association, the American Liver Foundation, and the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America. The division is firmly committed to teaching at the student, resident and post-graduate level. We are also involved in clinical research, including therapy of inflammatory bowel disease.
Call or Email Us to Find a Doctor
We offer three easy and convenient ways to for you to find the doctor who is right for you:
- Use our Find a Physician online search tool to browse available physicians. (Specialties are listed in accordance with the American Board of Medical Specialties and the American Osteopathic Association.)
- Fill out our CareFinder Online Form and a representative will contact you within 24 hours, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Call 617-243-6566 or toll free 866-NWH-DOCS (694-3627) Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm EST to speak to a CareFinder representative.
If you are experiencing a health emergency call 911.
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
Read Our 2016 Boston Marathon BlogFollow members of the Newton-Wellesley Hospital team as they share their training experiences.
» Read Blog
May 16: AAA Driver Improvement for Mature OperatorsJoin our lunchtime discussion on specific problem areas seniors encounter on the roadway every day.