Our Bariatric Surgeons
Why do patients come to us from throughout Greater Boston and all of New England for bariatric surgery? The expertise and experience of our team. Our bariatric surgeons perform 300-plus bypasses a year with an excellent overall success rate. Our success rate is defined as a patient who loses 65 percent excess weight and maintains weight loss and health improvements long term. Our team includes:
- Sheila Partridge, MD, Medical Director and Associate Chair, Dept. of Surgery (profile)
- Aaron Bloomenthal, MD, General and Bariatric Surgeon (profile)
- Rajan Chahal, MD, General and Bariatric Surgeon (profile)
- Susana Wishnia, MD, General and Bariatric Surgeon (profile)
- Vyvyane Hui-Shien Loh, MD, Bariatrician
In addition to our bariatric surgeons, two dietitians and two licensed psychiatric specialists are involved in the patient's care from the beginning, and remain available for lifelong follow-up care. We also offer several weight loss surgery support groups monthly.
Members of our team serve on the Expert Panel for Weight Loss Surgery at the Betsy Lehman Center for Patient Safety and Medical Error Reduction, which establishes the standards for bariatric surgery. Staff also publish their work in peer review journals on high-quality bariatric surgery practices.
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
Free Community Flu Clinics
Newton-Wellesley Hospital is offering FREE Walk In Flu Shot Clinics near you.
Learn More >