Women's Imaging Center
Serving communities throughout the Greater Boston area, The Women's Imaging Center at Newton-Wellesley Hospital is a unique and comprehensive screening center that is designed to meet women’s health care needs in one convenient location. Our radiologists, mammographers and support staff are highly experienced professionals who work in conjunction with your physician to evaluate your individual needs and to coordinate your care. We also work closely with the teams at the Auerbach Breast Center and Vernon Cancer Center.
Our Imaging Services
The Women's Imaging Center specializes in a full spectrum of breast imaging procedures including the following:
Our State-of-the-Art Imaging Technology
Using state-of-the-art medical equipment, our goal is to provide outstanding medical imaging services, emotional comfort and efficient care for women undergoing medical procedures. Our technology includes:
- Bone Densitometry: Detailed imaging capabilities can detect bone loss and guide your physician to an appropriate treatment plan if necessary.
- Computer-aided detection (CAD): This sophisticated technology aides the radiologist in identifying findings on mammography that may need further evaluation.
- Digital mammography: Our equipment is cutting edge and includes Advanced Image Enhancement™. Digital mammography improves detection of breast cancer, especially for women with dense breasts.
- Stereotactic breast biopsy unit: Provides guidance for minimally invasive needle biopsies, which can avoid the need for surgical biopsies or can help plan appropriate surgical treatment.
- Tomosynthesis - 3D mammography: This new technology allows the physician to see thin mammography sections of the entire breast.
We focus on convenience and assurance. We offer screening appointments five days a week, including Saturdays, and also offer evening and lunchtime appointments to accommodate the busiest of schedules. We want to make every visit as easy and convenient as possible and we encourage all patients to talk with us about their concerns.
Directions to Newton-Wellesley Hospital