Patient Pre-Surgical Assessment
Thank you for choosing Newton-Wellesley Hospital for your upcoming surgery.
To prepare for your surgery, you will have a pre-test appointment with a nurse from Newton-Wellesley Hospital. The nurse will speak with you to gather important information about your medical/surgical history, to identify any tests that you will need done before your surgery, to discuss what to expect before, during and after surgery, and to tell you how to prepare for your surgery.
Before your scheduled pre-test appointment, we ask that you submit your online pre-surgical questionnaire. The information you submit today will be sent to your nurse in preparation for your scheduled appointment.
What You Need Before You Complete your Pre-Surgical Questionnaire:
- Your health insurance information.
- The names, addresses and phone numbers of your physicians.
- Your medical history.
- A list of surgical procedures you have ever had and their approximate dates.
- The name of the surgeon who will be performing your upcoming procedure.
You Can Complete Your Pre-Surgical Questionnaire Online if:
- The patient is at least 13 years old. Parents must complete the form for their children, ages 13 through 17. Patients, 12 years old and younger, are not eligible for completing the online pre-surgical assessment.
- You are planning to go home the day of your surgery.
Please call the Pre-Test Department, 617-243-6826, if you have any questions about your pre-surgical questionnaire. You may also read our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.