Quality at Newton-Wellesley Hospital
Our Quality Report Card
Newton-Wellesley Hospital and the other member hospitals of Partners HealthCare are working hard to improve quality, safety and efficiency in patient care.
In addition to efforts at Newton-Wellesley to improve in these areas, we are working with other hospitals in the Partners HealthCare System to improve performance on measures related to the adoption of technologies, coordination of care for specific populations and cost control.
Learn more about Partners Healthcare and Newton-Wellesley's performance in these areas
Newton-Wellesley Hospital is committed to delivering the highest quality of medical care to each and every patient.
We uphold the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality’s (AHRQ) definition of quality: "Doing the right thing, at the right time, for the right person, and having the best possible result."
Components of Care
The Institute of Medicine defines quality health care as being safe, effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient and equitable.
Newton-Wellesley prides itself on meeting these six components:
- Safe. Care and treatment at Newton-Wellesley Hospital does not cause harm.
- Effective. Through data capture and research, we are able to demonstrate that care provided at Newton-Wellesley Hospital is exceptional as evidenced by our process and outcomes measures as well as our patient satisfaction scores.
- Patient-centered. Newton-Wellesley patients are treated with respect and dignity; their values, beliefs and cultural diversity are taken into account throughout their Hospital visit.
- Timely. The Hospital provides care in a timely fashion.
- Efficient. Newton-Wellesley provides efficient care.
- Equitable. Every individual that visits the Hospital receives the same level of care regardless of age, sex, religion, socioeconomic class and culture. Newton-Wellesley believes that all individuals deserve access to high quality healthcare.
View Newton-Wellesley's Quality Report Card