Kangaroos and Monkeys (3-5 years)
- Age: usually 3 to 5 years of age in September. This is our preschool group.
- Teachers: two teachers in each classroom.
- Group size: 14 children in the Kangaroo group; 18 children in the Monkey Group.
- Our excellent teacher-student ratio allows us to continue to foster skills first established in our younger classrooms.
- We emphasize play and challenging experiences.
- Classrooms are designed to promote independence, positive sense of self, confident decision-making, effective communication and sense of mastery.
- At this stage of development, social interaction becomes more intense and children work toward sharing objects and ideas.
- Teachers plan activities around the interests of the children and validate their ideas.
- Problem-solving skills are encouraged through hands-on experiences that include cooking projects, scientific experiments, field trips and a variety of age-appropriate materials.
- Our preschool classrooms also incorporate the Second Step curriculum, which is designed to enhance a child’s empathy skills and outline how to conduct neutral problem solving.
- There is additional information for parents regarding this curriculum available in the office. Each classroom presents a monthly calendar outlining a theme and specific goals for the month.
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
Feb. Runner's Injury ScreeningsIs an injury or pain interfering with your running goals? Come to one of our FREE runner's screenings for assessment and appropriate treatment.
March 12: Free Quit Smoking Session at NWHCome to a FREE quit smoking information session that will help you begin taking those important steps toward a goal of tobacco-free living.