Kangaroos and Monkeys (3-5 years)
- Age: usually 3 to 5 years of age in September. This is our preschool group.
- Teachers: two teachers in each classroom.
- Group size: 14 children in the Kangaroo group; 18 children in the Monkey Group.
- Our excellent teacher-student ratio allows us to continue to foster skills first established in our younger classrooms.
- We emphasize play and challenging experiences.
- Classrooms are designed to promote independence, positive sense of self, confident decision-making, effective communication and sense of mastery.
- At this stage of development, social interaction becomes more intense and children work toward sharing objects and ideas.
- Teachers plan activities around the interests of the children and validate their ideas.
- Problem-solving skills are encouraged through hands-on experiences that include cooking projects, scientific experiments, field trips and a variety of age-appropriate materials.
- Our preschool classrooms also incorporate the Second Step curriculum, which is designed to enhance a child’s empathy skills and outline how to conduct neutral problem solving.
- There is additional information for parents regarding this curriculum available in the office. Each classroom presents a monthly calendar outlining a theme and specific goals for the month.
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
March 23: Free Health Fair and Community Open HouseJoin us from 9:00 am to noon at the Newton-Wellesley Ambulatory Care Center for health screenings, physician Q&As, special guests and more.
Feb. and March: Pre-Marathon Runner's Injury ScreeningsYou will be assessed by a physical therapist and given appropriate treatment recommendations.
Learn More >