Cubs (12-24 months)
The Cub room presents an excellent first experience to the Children's Corner at Newton-Wellesley Hospital.
- Age: usually 12 to 24 months in September.
- Teachers: three teachers are available during the majority of the day.
- Group size: no more than nine children are in the Cub room.
- Toilet training: teachers begin toilet training when individual children are deemed ready by both parents and teachers. We establish a consistent routine for toilet training at home and school.
- Our excellent teacher-student ratio allows us to provide children with individual attention.
- We encourage language development and foster self-help skills.
- We introduce an understanding of social expectations linked to sharing and turn taking.
- We encourage fine and large motor development.
- Children in the Cub room continuously experience a variety of stimuli through music, hands-on art, sensory experiences, storytelling and loving physical contact.
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
Feb. Runner's Injury ScreeningsIs an injury or pain interfering with your running goals? Come to one of our FREE runner's screenings for assessment and appropriate treatment.
» More Info
Upcoming ClassesCheck out this season's latest childbirth, exercise, Pilates, Yoga and Tai Chi classes at the Hospital.
» Class Schedule