Cubs (12-24 months)
The Cub room presents an excellent first experience to the Children's Corner at Newton-Wellesley Hospital.
- Age: usually 12 to 24 months in September.
- Teachers: three teachers are available during the majority of the day.
- Group size: no more than nine children are in the Cub room.
- Toilet training: teachers begin toilet training when individual children are deemed ready by both parents and teachers. We establish a consistent routine for toilet training at home and school.
- Our excellent teacher-student ratio allows us to provide children with individual attention.
- We encourage language development and foster self-help skills.
- We introduce an understanding of social expectations linked to sharing and turn taking.
- We encourage fine and large motor development.
- Children in the Cub room continuously experience a variety of stimuli through music, hands-on art, sensory experiences, storytelling and loving physical contact.
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
March 23: Free Health Fair and Community Open HouseJoin us from 9:00 am to noon at the Newton-Wellesley Ambulatory Care Center for health screenings, physician Q&As, special guests and more.
Feb. and March: Pre-Marathon Runner's Injury ScreeningsYou will be assessed by a physical therapist and given appropriate treatment recommendations.
Learn More >