Cubs (12-24 months)
The Cub room presents an excellent first experience to the Children's Corner at Newton-Wellesley Hospital.
- Age: usually 12 to 24 months in September.
- Teachers: three teachers are available during the majority of the day.
- Group size: no more than nine children are in the Cub room.
- Toilet training: teachers begin toilet training when individual children are deemed ready by both parents and teachers. We establish a consistent routine for toilet training at home and school.
- Our excellent teacher-student ratio allows us to provide children with individual attention.
- We encourage language development and foster self-help skills.
- We introduce an understanding of social expectations linked to sharing and turn taking.
- We encourage fine and large motor development.
- Children in the Cub room continuously experience a variety of stimuli through music, hands-on art, sensory experiences, storytelling and loving physical contact.
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
May 7: 17th Annual Gala - Westin Copley Place, Boston 6:00 pmPlease join us for cocktails, silent & live auctions, dinner and dancing to benefit palliative care at Newton-Wellesley Hospital.
May 24: Free Skin Cancer Screening
Make your appointment for a free skin cancer screening by a Newton-Wellesley Hospital dermatologist