Cubs (12-24 months)
The Cub room presents an excellent first experience to the Children's Corner at Newton-Wellesley Hospital.
- Age: usually 12 to 24 months in September.
- Teachers: three teachers are available during the majority of the day.
- Group size: no more than nine children are in the Cub room.
- Toilet training: teachers begin toilet training when individual children are deemed ready by both parents and teachers. We establish a consistent routine for toilet training at home and school.
- Our excellent teacher-student ratio allows us to provide children with individual attention.
- We encourage language development and foster self-help skills.
- We introduce an understanding of social expectations linked to sharing and turn taking.
- We encourage fine and large motor development.
- Children in the Cub room continuously experience a variety of stimuli through music, hands-on art, sensory experiences, storytelling and loving physical contact.
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
10/27: Community Forum on Ebola PreparednessMedical experts from Newton-Wellesley, the city of Newton, and Mass General will present about ebola, with a Q&A session. Mon, Oct. 27, NWH Shipley Auditorium - 7:00 to 8:30 pm
View Flyer >
10/28: Free Running Clinic
Join us on Tuesday, Oct. 28, from 6:00-8:00 pm in the Shipley Auditorium at Newton-Wellesley Hospital for a free presentation for beginner and intermediate runners. Registration required.
Learn More >