Chipmunks and Bunnies (2-3 years)
- Age: usually 2 to 3 years of age in September.
- Teachers: two Chipmunk teachers and two Bunny teachers are available during the majority of the day.
- Group size: no more than eight children are in each classroom.
- Our excellent teacher-student ratio allows nurturing attention that is pivotal in toddlers' development.
- Chipmunk and Bunny teachers provide empowering opportunities to foster autonomy while also providing a supportive hug when needed.
- The children in this group continue to work on skills listed in the Cub room description.
- This is a stage of development where interactive play becomes much more important and identification of emotions is also emerging.
- As the children’s expressive language emerges, avenues for self-expression are provided through art projects, dramatic play games and music/movement opportunities.
- A loving and accepting staff provides quality literature and visual displays that all children can relate to in a language-rich environment.
- We emphasize modeling of conflict resolution and encourage respect among classmates.
- The Chipmunks and Bunnies will also begin to experience mastery through age-appropriate puzzles, manipulatives and outdoor equipment.
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
Upcoming ClassesDid you know Newton-Wellesley offers childbirth education and wellness center classes? Check out this season's latest childbirth, exercise, Pilates, Yoga and Tai Chi classes at the Hospital.
» Class Schedule