Administrative Fellowship Program
Since its inception in 2001, the Administrative Fellowship Program at NWH has been a valued experience for the Hospital and fellows. The opportunity to educate and work with our future healthcare leaders is embraced throughout our organization and a priority for us. As the most comprehensive medical center in the western suburbs of Boston and as part of internationally recognized PartnersHealthcare, we provide our Administrative Fellow exposure to a wide variety of experiences while they are here.
The major goal of the program is to provide a comprehensive and practical experience for future healthcare leaders. The benefit for the Hospital is a highly productive employee equipped with the latest in healthcare academic training. The Fellowship is guided by our Chief Financial Officer, Senior Vice President of Finance. It is a collaborative effort between the fellow and the Hospital in selecting projects that are a priority for the Hospital and meeting the education goals set forth by the fellow at the commencement of their program.
The Fellowship provides an opportunity to understand the many perspectives of healthcare management within the Hospital, the physician structure within a community hospital setting, and the overall Partners HealthCare system. The expectation is that by working in a variety roles for the different projects, these experiences will provide an understanding and attainment of skills applicable to future experiences; and, therefore, build on their educational foundation.
Past Fellow Projects
- Development of Orthopedic Service Line quality metrics, database and individualized surgeon dashboards
- Project management for opening of new café
- Developed, planned and implemented a Hospital program to have managers and supervisors meet, greet and escort patients to their service locations
- Detailed computerized provider order entry process flow impact and estimated impact (financial and clinical) of system on medical errors
- Participated in Six Sigma Work-Out and Lean workshops
- Participated on team that converted physician billing from outside billing organization to in-house service
- Participated on multi-pronged throughput process improvement of Operating Room efficiencies to include prep/recovery length of stay, room turnover times and case times
- Developed Business Plan for moving Hospital-based Sleep Center to local Marriott Hotel
- Reviewed business profitability for satellite Urgent Care Center services (occupational medicine, urgent care, radiology, pathology)
- Evaluated direct and downstream impact of inpatient Psychiatry Services
- Participated in Laboratory patient satisfaction initiatives
- Development of project plan to increase OB Capacity
- Participating in Physician Development Strategy
- Project management for redesign of Hospital lobby
- Analyzed and categorized ED patient volumes to assess and respond to avoidable visits in the ED
- Work flow analysis for nurses to increase time spent with the patient on Medical/Surgical Inpatient units
- Action OI case studies to increase efficiencies in CT Scan and MRI business units
- Development of quality control plan to reduce surgical site infections
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
February Pre-Marathon Runner’s Injury Screenings
Come to one of our free runner’s screenings where you will be assessed by a physical therapist and given appropriate treatment recommendations as they relate to your goals.
Learn More >
Wellness Center Classes
Did you know we offer a variety of exercise and fitness classes designed to accommodate various levels and abilities? Many of our classes are starting this January. Our schedule is available for you to view.
Learn More >