Smoke-Free Campus at Newton-Wellesley Hospital
As a leader in the health care field, Newton-Wellesley has a special responsibility to offer a clean and healthy environment. Tobacco use in and around the Hospital can pose health and safety risks for patients, employees and visitors.
Consistent with our mission to create the best environment possible, Newton-Wellesley’s campus is completely tobacco and smoke free – effective April 19, 2010. Eliminating smoking on campus enhances the healthy environment we strive to create for our employees, physicians, visitors and, most importantly, our patients.
Tobacco Cessation Program at Newton-Wellesley
The Tobacco Truth
- Each year smoking kills more people than AIDS, alcohol, drug abuse, care crashes, homicides, suicides and fires – combined!
- Tobacco use remains the leading preventable cause of death in the United States, causing more than 430,000 deaths per year.
- Nicotine is more addictive than cocaine, heroin or any other drug of abuse.
- Tobacco users CAN successfully become tobacco free. Most tobacco users try to quit several times before they are successful at living a tobacco-free lifestyle.
- Research indicates the best success rates are achieved with a combination of a personal desire to stop using tobacco, on-going personalized support in developing alternate behaviors to tobacco use and medication treatment to address the initial nicotine withdrawal symptoms.
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
Free Post-Marathon Athlete Injury ClinicsCome to our free injury clinics for the diagnosis and treatment of injuries or illnesses that are the result of participating in the Boston Marathon.
Learn More >
Wellness Classes Offered Throughout the YearDid you know we offer Pilates, Zumba, Yoga and other wellness classes year-round? Sign up now.
Learn More >