Spine Specialists & Spine Surgeons
Serving Greater Boston communities, the Spine Center at Newton-Wellesley Hospital approaches spine care as a team, with communication and coordination at the center of everything we do. The Spine Center’s specialists and surgeons discuss and evaluate each patient’s progress on a weekly basis. Each spine specialist offers his or her expertise through this team approach. Care is seamlessly coordinated among all caregivers.
Spine Center specialists and surgeons all practice at Newton-Wellesley Hospital. Each has years of training, specialty credentials and experience in spine care.
Our surgeons are highly skilled in all modern surgical techniques and instrumentation. Our physiatrists and anesthesiologists specialize in pain management and interventional techniques such as injections and acupuncture. And our physical therapists are experts in patient education, manual intervention techniques, therapeutic exercise and ergonomic intervention.
The Spine Center Team
- Joanne B. Borg-Stein, MD - Medical Director (profile)
- Robert J. Banco, MD - Orthopaedic Spine Surgery (profile)
- Wojciech Bulczynski, MD - Orthopaedic Spine Surgery (profile)
- Herbert L. Cares, MD - Neurosurgery (profile)
- Lauren E. Elson, MD - Physiatry (profile)
- Paul B. Gerrard, MD (profile)
- Mitchell Hardenbrook, MD - Orthopaedic Spine Surgery (profile)
- Louis G. Jenis, MD - Orthopaedic Spine Surgery (profile)
- Alec L. Meleger, MD - Director, Interventional Spine Services; Physiatry (profile)
- Rosalyn T. Nguyen, MD - Physiatry (profile)
- Scott G. Tromanhauser, MD - Orthopaedic Spine Surgery (profile)
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
Free Post-Marathon Athlete Injury ClinicsCome to our free injury clinics for the diagnosis and treatment of injuries or illnesses that are the result of participating in the Boston Marathon.
Learn More >
Wellness Classes Offered Throughout the YearDid you know we offer Pilates, Zumba, Yoga and other wellness classes year-round? Sign up now.
Learn More >