Tips for Better Sleep
Personal lifestyle habits, medical illnesses, stress, environmental factors, work schedules, psychiatric disorders and medical conditions can all affect sleep. Good sleep hygiene is a key component to a good night’s rest.
Some tips for good sleep hygiene include:
- Maintain a routine sleep schedule even on the weekends.
- Only use the bedroom for sleep, sickness and sex.
- Avoid caffeine and alcoholic beverages within four to six hours of bedtime.
- Find a relaxing activity before bedtime to relieve stress and encourage sleep.
- Avoid napping during the day or later than 3:00 pm.
- Create a comfortable environment for sleep. Minimize light, noise and extreme temperatures.
- Avoid nicotine.
- Eat a light snack before bed and avoid filling up on large meals close to bedtime.
- Avoid strenuous exercise within four to six hours of bedtime.
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
Wellness Center Classes
Did you know we offer a variety of exercise and fitness classes designed to accommodate various levels and abilities? Many of our classes are starting this January. Our schedule is available for you to view.
Learn More >