Tips for Better Sleep
Personal lifestyle habits, medical illnesses, stress, environmental factors, work schedules, psychiatric disorders and medical conditions can all affect sleep. Good sleep hygiene is a key component to a good night’s rest.
Some tips for good sleep hygiene include:
- Maintain a routine sleep schedule even on the weekends.
- Only use the bedroom for sleep, sickness and sex.
- Avoid caffeine and alcoholic beverages within four to six hours of bedtime.
- Find a relaxing activity before bedtime to relieve stress and encourage sleep.
- Avoid napping during the day or later than 3:00 pm.
- Create a comfortable environment for sleep. Minimize light, noise and extreme temperatures.
- Avoid nicotine.
- Eat a light snack before bed and avoid filling up on large meals close to bedtime.
- Avoid strenuous exercise within four to six hours of bedtime.
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
Free Post-Marathon Athlete Injury ClinicsCome to our free injury clinics for the diagnosis and treatment of injuries or illnesses that are the result of participating in the Boston Marathon.
Learn More >
Wellness Classes Offered Throughout the YearDid you know we offer Pilates, Zumba, Yoga and other wellness classes year-round? Sign up now.
Learn More >