Pediatric and Adolescent Speech-Language Pathology
We are a speech-language pathology service that specializes in evaluating and treating speech and language impairments in children and adolescents between the ages of 16 months and 20 years of age. We offer comprehensive speech and language evaluations, consultation and individualized intervention in both small groups and in one-to-one sessions.
Pediatric Speech Case History Form
Impairments that we evaluate and treat:
- Phonological/Articulation Impairment – a speech production disorder caused by faulty phonological processing or motor speech production including Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS)
- Oral Language Impairment – difficulty understanding or using spoken language
- Written Language Impairment – difficulties with oral reading and written composition
- Fluency Disorders – difficulties with stuttering, cluttering, or the smooth forward movement of speech production.
- Voice and Resonance Disorders – prolonged hoarse, breathy, or atypical voice quality
- Social-Pragmatic Impairment – difficulties with the social and interactive aspects of communication
- Hearing Impairment – oral communication difficulties secondary to hearing impairment and cochlear implantation
Patients are referred by their pediatricians and are evaluated one-on-one to determine the nature and severity of the communication impairment and also to determine the best approaches to intervention based on recent published research.
Goals and treatment approaches are developed and treatment is initiated once an appropriate time becomes available and when insurance approvals have been received.
Before Your First Visit
Please complete and return the Pediatric Case History Form before scheduling an initial evaluation so that we can best serve your child’s needs.
American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA)
Autism and Early Identification of Developmental Delays
The Childhood Apraxia of Speech Association of North America (CASANA)
FRIENDS: The National Association of Young People Who Stutter
The National Stuttering Association
The Stuttering Foundation of America
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
Men's Health Fair & Car ShowJoin us on Sunday, September 21, from 9:00am-1:00pm for our combined FREE health screenings and classic car show.
Learn More >
Wellness Classes Offered Throughout the YearDid you know we offer Pilates, Zumba, Yoga and other wellness classes year-round? Sign up now.
Learn More >