The care of spine patients by physical therapists is continuously evolving as more and more research becomes available. We offer quality care at the cutting edge of research.
- Current evidence indicates the benefit of spinal manipulation by physical therapists on various disorders of the neck, middle and lower back during the early stages of an injury.
- The combination of exercise and manipulation performed by a physical therapist has been proven effective in the treatment of lower back pain of longer durations.
- Persistent back pain can be decreased and managed with a properly designed program of exercise and education.
- Back pain recurrence has also been shown to decrease under the influence of a properly designed exercise program.
- Low Back Pain and Neck Pain
- Disc Problems (Herniation, Degenerative disk disease)
- Radiculopathy (Sciatica etc)
- Piriformis syndrome
- Temporal Mandibular Joint (TMJ) Dysfunction
- Lumbar and Cervical Fusion
- Decompression (Laminectomy, laminotomy, foraminotomy)
- Disc Replacement/debridement
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
Read Our 2016 Boston Marathon BlogFollow members of the Newton-Wellesley Hospital team as they share their training experiences.
» Read Blog
May 16: AAA Driver Improvement for Mature OperatorsJoin our lunchtime discussion on specific problem areas seniors encounter on the roadway every day.