Newton-Wellesley Hospital technologists use state-of-the-art computerized radiography and digital imaging technology to acquire the highest quality images of body parts. Our radiologists perform hundreds of diagnostic X-rays and Fluoroscopes a year to patients from communities throughout the Greater Boston area. X-rays and Fluoroscopes are performed at our onsite radiology lab in Newton and our offsite locations in Natick, Walpole and Waltham.
Learn more about the type of diagnostic X-ray/fluoroscopy you are having:
Upper GI Series
The digital imaging technologies at Newton-Wellesley allow for the electronic transmission of imaging data from one location to another at the click of a mouse. Images are then stored electronically in our Picture Archive and Communication System (PACS). PACS allows images to be instantly accessed by radiologists and other Hospital physicians and departments, leading to quicker and more accurate interpretation of images.
The Diagnostic X-ray department at Newton-Wellesley provides services in the following areas:
1. Outpatient and inpatient imaging in the radiology main department
- Four digital fluoroscopy rooms with computerized radiography
- Three Digital imaging suites
2. Emergency X-ray
- Two digital imaging suites
3. Pediatric X-ray
- Computerized radiography suite located on 6 West for outpatient and inpatient X-ray exams
- Located on the 6th floor of the Main Hospital, this X-ray suite provides a pediatric friendly experience for any patients ranging from newborn to 18 years of age. It is available from 8am to 4:30pm.
- Please register at the Pediatric Ambulatory Care Center located on 6 South.
4. Portable operating room and inpatient X-ray services
5. Outpatient imaging at the Newton-Wellesley Hospital Urgent Care Center in Waltham
For more information, please visit the Radiological Society of North America's and American College of Radiology's website on diagnostic X-ray and radiologic procedures.
Also, please refer to:
American Society of Radiologic Technologists
Massachusetts Society of Radiologic Technologists
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
March 23: Free Health Fair and Community Open HouseJoin us from 9:00 am to noon at the Newton-Wellesley Ambulatory Care Center for health screenings, physician Q&As, special guests and more.
Feb. and March: Pre-Marathon Runner's Injury ScreeningsYou will be assessed by a physical therapist and given appropriate treatment recommendations.
Learn More >