Pediatric Pulmonology/Allergy/ Partners Asthma Center
The Pulmonary Unit staff cares for a wide variety of pulmonary and allergic disorders, including diseases affecting:
- Vocal cords (paralysis, spasm with exertion as well as dynamic paradoxical movement)
- Breathing during sleep (obstructive and central apneas, congenital central hypoventilation)
- Diseases of alveolar/interstitial tissues (cellular interstitial pneumonitis,chronic eosinophilic pneumonia)
Special clinical activities of the Pediatric Pulmonary Unit in caring for infants and children with respiratory disorders include:
Cystic Fibrosis Center
- Allergy/Immunology Clinic
- BPD Follow-Up Clinic
- Physiology testing, including during exercise and sleep
- Pulmonary function testing
For the past 15 years, the Unit has sponsored a weekly conference attended by pediatric pulmonologists from all over New England. This forum permits colleagues to share information regarding unusual cases and gives parents, upon request, access to formal second opinions.
The Partners Asthma Center’s physicians care for a wide variety of pulmonary and allergic disorders, including:
- allergies (including food allergies)
- chronic lung disease of prematurity
- vocal cord disorders (paralysis, spasm with exertion, as well as dynamic paradoxical movement)
- congenital and acquired airway disorders
- sleep disorders (obstructive and central apneas, congenital central hypoventilation)
- diseases of alveolar/interstitial tissues (cellular interstitial pneumonitis, chronic eosinophilic pneumonia)
- measurements of lung function, including oxygen saturation
- complete allergy skin testing
imaging, including chest and sinus radiology
- genetic testing for cystic fibrosis
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
February Pre-Marathon Runner’s Injury Screenings
Come to one of our free runner’s screenings where you will be assessed by a physical therapist and given appropriate treatment recommendations as they relate to your goals.
Learn More >
Wellness Center Classes
Did you know we offer a variety of exercise and fitness classes designed to accommodate various levels and abilities? Many of our classes are starting this January. Our schedule is available for you to view.
Learn More >