Pediatric Pulmonology/Allergy/ Partners Asthma Center
The Pulmonary Unit staff cares for a wide variety of pulmonary and allergic disorders, including diseases affecting:
- Vocal cords (paralysis, spasm with exertion as well as dynamic paradoxical movement)
- Breathing during sleep (obstructive and central apneas, congenital central hypoventilation)
- Diseases of alveolar/interstitial tissues (cellular interstitial pneumonitis,chronic eosinophilic pneumonia)
Special clinical activities of the Pediatric Pulmonary Unit in caring for infants and children with respiratory disorders include:
Cystic Fibrosis Center
- Allergy/Immunology Clinic
- BPD Follow-Up Clinic
- Physiology testing, including during exercise and sleep
- Pulmonary function testing
For the past 15 years, the Unit has sponsored a weekly conference attended by pediatric pulmonologists from all over New England. This forum permits colleagues to share information regarding unusual cases and gives parents, upon request, access to formal second opinions.
The Partners Asthma Center’s physicians care for a wide variety of pulmonary and allergic disorders, including:
- allergies (including food allergies)
- chronic lung disease of prematurity
- vocal cord disorders (paralysis, spasm with exertion, as well as dynamic paradoxical movement)
- congenital and acquired airway disorders
- sleep disorders (obstructive and central apneas, congenital central hypoventilation)
- diseases of alveolar/interstitial tissues (cellular interstitial pneumonitis, chronic eosinophilic pneumonia)
- measurements of lung function, including oxygen saturation
- complete allergy skin testing
imaging, including chest and sinus radiology
- genetic testing for cystic fibrosis
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
Men's Health Fair & Car ShowJoin us on Sunday, September 21, from 9:00am-1:00pm for our combined FREE health screenings and classic car show.
Learn More >
Register Now for HopeWalks on Sept. 28Registration is open for the 5th Annual HopeWalks on Sunday, Sept. 28, to benefit the patients at the Vernon Cancer Center.
Learn More >