Diabetes Management Program and Outpatient Nutrition Counseling
In the Diabetes Management program, we see patients regarding the nutritional management of diabetes, including pre-diabetes, Type 1, Type 2 and gestational diabetes. Our dietitians work together with diabetes nurse educators to provide a comprehensive and individualized treatment plan.
Diabetes Management Program
Diabetes Management Classes
Diabetes Support Group
Our dietitians are also specialized in general nutrition and provide outpatient adult nutrition counseling for areas including weight loss, gastrointestinal disorders, food allergies/intolerances and pregnancy.
All appointments for the Diabetes Clinic and Outpatient Nutrition Clinic are made through Central Scheduling.
- Prior to making an appointment for the Diabetes Clinic or Outpatient Nutrition Clinic, please contact your referring physician to obtain a doctor's order. Orders should be faxed to Central Scheduling at 617-243-6776.
- To schedule an appointment, you may call Central Scheduling at 617-243-6800.
- For questions, please call us directly at 617-243-6144. Our hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Before Your Appointment:
Many insurance companies cover nutrition visits related to medical problems. To make sure your visit is covered, however, please call your insurance carrier directly before your appointment. Please plan on arriving 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. Cancellations or rescheduling within 24 hours of appointment is appreciated.
Please complete one of the following patient self-assessments prior to your visit:
- Diabetes Self-Assessment (pdf)
- Pregnancy Self-Assessment (pdf) (ONLY for Gestational Diabetes patients)
- Nutrition Self-Assessment (pdf)
The Diabetes Management and Outpatient Nutrition clinics are located on the third floor of the main Hospital on 3 South. Follow signs to the South Elevators, and take to the third floor. Follow signs for Diabetes/Nutrition. The clinic will be in the corridor to the left of the South Elevators.
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
Free Post-Marathon Athlete Injury ClinicsCome to our free injury clinics for the diagnosis and treatment of injuries or illnesses that are the result of participating in the Boston Marathon.
Learn More >
Wellness Classes Offered Throughout the YearDid you know we offer Pilates, Zumba, Yoga and other wellness classes year-round? Sign up now.
Learn More >