Nutrition Counseling at the Vernon Cancer Center
- Management of cancer treatment side effects
- Assistance with coordination of existing nutritional issues with those imposed by cancer therapies
- Customized eating plans
- Strategies for managing changes in appetite and weight loss
- Recommendations for IV nutrition and tube feedings
- Guidance regarding foods, supplements, vitamins and herbs
- Education and useful resources
- Have your physician or nurse practitioner fill out the MD Order Form (pdf) and fax to 617-219-1243.
- Once your physician or nurse practitioner has provided us with the form, please call 617-219-1230 to schedule an appointment. Tell us you want to meet with the dietitian.
- A registered dietitian is available Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to see patients.
- The initial appointment is one hour; follow-up is 30 minutes.
Before Your Appointment:
Many insurance companies cover nutrition visits related to medical problems. To make sure your visit is covered, however, please call your insurance carrier directly before your appointment. Please plan on arriving 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
Cancellations or rescheduling within 24 hours of appointment is appreciated.
Our office is located on the first floor of the Vernon Cancer Center at Newton-Wellesley Hospital. Take the stairs or elevator down to the first floor and check-in with the receptionist for your appointment with the registered dietitian.
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
Feb. Runner's Injury ScreeningsIs an injury or pain interfering with your running goals? Come to one of our FREE runner's screenings for assessment and appropriate treatment.
March 12: Free Quit Smoking Session at NWHCome to a FREE quit smoking information session that will help you begin taking those important steps toward a goal of tobacco-free living.