The Center for Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery (MIGS) at Newton-Wellesley Hospital provides women with benign gynecologic abnormalities relief from the symptoms of their conditions though advanced treatment alternatives and minimally invasive gynecologic surgery.
- Complete evaluation of their conditions, including ultrasound and diagnostic testing in a single location
- Expertise in the least invasive approaches for treatment of common gynecologic conditions
- Treatment options including office procedures, minimally invasive surgical techniques and minimally invasive approaches to hysterectomy alternatives
- Technologically-advanced, computerized, state-of-the-art equipment, including robotic surgery
- Office sterilization procedures
Providing High-Quality Care
Physicians at MIGS have significant experience handling a variety of gynecological conditions and work together to provide patients with a range of options for treatment.
Newton-Wellesley Hospital has been designated as a Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology by the AAGL (American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists) and Surgical Review Corporation. This signifies our ability to consistently deliver the safest, highestquality care to minimally invasive gynecologic surgery patients.
You may be a candidate for treatment if you experience symptoms like pelvic pain, or have been diagnosed with one of these conditions:
MIGS emphasizes comprehensive and expert consultations about your specific condition. The team works to provide patients with respectful and sensitive treatments and gynecological health care choices that improve quality of life and relieve pain and discomfort.
After a thorough evaluation, physicians will provide you with complete information about treatment choices available and the benefits and risks involved. They will work with you to make the best treatment decisions.
A Unique Partnership
View our partnerships
Commitment to Education
In addition to direct patient care, the Center also offers education and training to practicing gynecologists using advanced surgical technology and minimally invasive surgical techniques. The team is dedicated to advancing the practice of women's health care through practitioner education and new treatment options' development.
Our educational opportunities include:
- Fellowship in Advanced Gynecologic Laparoscopy: This is a one year fellowship matching program, sponsored by the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists and The Society of Reproductive Surgeons.
- Residency Program: This is a full-time, senior OB/GYN residency opportunity. It is affiliated with Brigham and Women's Hospital/Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School.
Commitment to Research
Health care professionals at the Center for Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery are working toward testing and developing more sophisticated procedures to give patients alternatives to traditional methods. We participate in a variety of clinical trials on an on-going basis.
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
Wellness Center Classes
Did you know we offer a variety of exercise and fitness classes designed to accommodate various levels and abilities? Many of our classes are starting this January. Our schedule is available for you to view.
Learn More >