Welcome to the Department of Medicine
Serving Greater Boston, and communities throughout Eastern Massachusetts, the Department of Medicine provides a full spectrum of care by outstanding physicians in primary and subspecialty care. Full-time physicians and their colleagues ensure 24-hour, 7-day-a-week availability for specialty consultation and care.
Our sub specialties include:
- Adult Inpatient Medicine (Hospitalist Service) - Internal medicine physicians specializing in the care of acutely ill medical patients admitted to the hospital.
- Allergy and Immunology - Inpatient and outpatient care to children and adults with a traditional array of allergic and immunologic problems.
- Cardiology - Diagnostic and therapeutic services for patients with or at high risk for cardiovascular disease.
- Department Leadership - Get to know the Department of Medicine leadership team.
- Dermatology - Care for all diseases of the skin, hair and nails, including all forms of skin cancer.
- Endocrinology and Diabetes - Treatment for people with diabetes mellitus seeking multidisciplinary, state-of-the-art diabetes care.
- Gastroenterology - Wide-ranging clinical expertise in all areas of gastroenterology and hepatology
- General Internal Medicine - Primary care services for adults through community-based internists and family practitioners
- Geriatrics and Extended Care - A major focus of the division continues to be the management of delirium. Other areas of focus include medication and narcotic choices and usage in the elderly and fall prevention.
- Hematology and Medical Oncology - Outstanding inpatient and outpatient care as well as exciting clinical research.
- Infectious Diseases - Inpatient consultations for a variety of infections and illnesses, including community-acquired pneumonia.
- Intensive Care Medicine - Care for critically ill patients with medical, cardiologic, or surgical maladies
- Nephrology - Care for patients with renal, electrolyte and acid-base disorders and hypertension and management of patients with renal failure requiring acute or chronic dialysis.
- Neurology - Expertise in nearly all diagnostic and treatment categories of neurological disorders.
- Pain and Palliative Care Service - Support for patients and their families at any stage of a life-limiting illness.
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation - Inpatient and outpatient pain management and physical rehabilitation therapy.
- Pulmonary Medicine and Critical Care - Diagnostic and therapeutic pulmonary services on a 24-hour-a-day, seven-day-a-week basis
- Rheumatology - Outpatient, emergency room, and inpatient evaluations for patients with rheumatic disorders.
To Find a Physician please email CareFinder@partners.org or call us toll free: 866-NWH-DOCS (866-694-3627) or 617-243-6566, Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm EST.
Center for Weight Loss SurgeryA leader in the field of bariatric surgery
Learn More >
Vernon Cancer CenterOffers patients expert and innovative services and advanced treatment options
Learn More >
The Kaplan Joint CenterOffer patients a better quality of life and relief from joint pain
Learn More >
Spine CenterProvides surgical and non-surgical intervention for a variety of spine conditions
Manton Women's Imaging CenterThe first hospital to offer tomosynthesis, 3D mammography to every patient
Center for Weight Loss SurgeryA leader in the field of bariatric surgery for more than a decade Learn More >
Vernon Cancer CenterOffers patients expert and innovative services and advanced treatment options Learn More >
Kaplan Center for Joint Reconstruction SurgeryOffers patients a better qualiy of life and relief from joint pain Learn More >
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
Classes - Yoga, CPR, and more
Newton-Wellesley offers a variety of wellness center and childbirth education classes throughout the year. Learn CPR, practice yoga, prepare a sibling for a new child in the family, and more.
» Class info