Patients at The Auerbach Breast Center at Newton-Wellesley Hospital receive easy and prompt access to the expertise of our experienced medical team, including surgeons, medical oncologists, plastic surgeons and Massachusetts General Hospital radiation oncologists – all in one convenient location.
Staff provide a full spectrum of clinical and support services and book and coordinate all patient appointments, eliminating multiple visits to different locations and scheduling conflicts.
The Breast Center offers the following services:
- Breast examinations, including evaluation of breast abnormalities, and other clinical assessments
- Evaluation of patients with malignant breast disease and development of collaborative treatment plans involving our team of surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists, pathologists, plastic surgeons and social workers
- Scheduling and coordination of diagnostic tests, including mammograms, ultrasounds, MRIs, biopsies and other state-of-the-art procedures
- Risk assessment for breast cancer and follow-up management
- Genetic counseling and testing
- Long-term follow-up care
- Second opinions on surgical and medical matters
- Evaluation by plastic surgeons for reconstruction in conjunction with or following mastectomy
- Psychological counseling and referrals to support programs in the community
- Patient education related to breast disease prevention, screening and early detection strategies
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
Feb. Runner's Injury ScreeningsIs an injury or pain interfering with your running goals? Come to one of our FREE runner's screenings for assessment and appropriate treatment.
March 12: Free Quit Smoking Session at NWHCome to a FREE quit smoking information session that will help you begin taking those important steps toward a goal of tobacco-free living.