Patients at The Auerbach Breast Center at Newton-Wellesley Hospital receive easy and prompt access to the expertise of our experienced medical team, including surgeons, medical oncologists, plastic surgeons and Massachusetts General Hospital radiation oncologists – all in one convenient location.
Staff provide a full spectrum of clinical and support services and book and coordinate all patient appointments, eliminating multiple visits to different locations and scheduling conflicts.
The Breast Center offers the following services:
- Breast examinations, including evaluation of breast abnormalities, and other clinical assessments
- Evaluation of patients with malignant breast disease and development of collaborative treatment plans involving our team of surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists, pathologists, plastic surgeons and social workers
- Scheduling and coordination of diagnostic tests, including mammograms, ultrasounds, MRIs, biopsies and other state-of-the-art procedures
- Risk assessment for breast cancer and follow-up management
- Genetic counseling and testing
- Long-term follow-up care
- Second opinions on surgical and medical matters
- Evaluation by plastic surgeons for reconstruction in conjunction with or following mastectomy
- Psychological counseling and referrals to support programs in the community
- Patient education related to breast disease prevention, screening and early detection strategies
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
Wellness Center Classes
Did you know we offer a variety of exercise and fitness classes designed to accommodate various levels and abilities? Many of our classes are starting this January. Our schedule is available for you to view.
Learn More >