Post-Operative Day 3
Daily Plan of Care: Day Three
- You will continue with incentive spirometer to exercise your lungs.
- You will be given oral medications for pain. It is important to communicate with staff how well your pain is being relieved
- Bandages may be changed.
- Lab tests may be done.
- Your nurse will review your discharge instructions, which includes any medications you will be taking at home.
- You will resume your usual diet increasing fluids to prevent constipation.
- You will be independent getting in and out of bed.
- You will progress to being able to walk 150 feet alone.
- If you have stairs at home, you will practice stair climbing.
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
Think Pink! Girls' Night OutJoin us on Tuesday, October 21, from 6:30-8:30 pm at the Newton Marriott for a celebration of women's health. Includes a wine reception, hors d'oeuvres, and a health panel.
Learn More >