Post-Operative Day 3
Daily Plan of Care: Day Three
- You will continue with incentive spirometer to exercise your lungs.
- You will be given oral medications for pain. It is important to communicate with staff how well your pain is being relieved
- Bandages may be changed.
- Lab tests may be done.
- Your nurse will review your discharge instructions, which includes any medications you will be taking at home.
- You will resume your usual diet increasing fluids to prevent constipation.
- You will be independent getting in and out of bed.
- You will progress to being able to walk 150 feet alone.
- If you have stairs at home, you will practice stair climbing.
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
Free Community Flu Clinics
Newton-Wellesley Hospital is offering FREE Walk In Flu Shot Clinics near you.
Learn More >