Post-Operative Day 3
Daily Plan of Care: Day Three
- You will continue with incentive spirometer to exercise your lungs.
- You will be given oral medications for pain. It is important to communicate with staff how well your pain is being relieved
- Bandages may be changed.
- Lab tests may be done.
- Your nurse will review your discharge instructions, which includes any medications you will be taking at home.
- You will resume your usual diet increasing fluids to prevent constipation.
- You will be independent getting in and out of bed.
- You will progress to being able to walk 150 feet alone.
- If you have stairs at home, you will practice stair climbing.
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
Wellness Center Classes
Did you know we offer a variety of exercise and fitness classes designed to accommodate various levels and abilities? Many of our classes are starting this January. Our schedule is available for you to view.
Learn More >