Post-Operative Day 3
Daily Plan of Care: Day Three
- You will continue with incentive spirometer to exercise your lungs.
- You will be given oral medications for pain. It is important to communicate with staff how well your pain is being relieved
- Bandages may be changed.
- Lab tests may be done.
- Your nurse will review your discharge instructions, which includes any medications you will be taking at home.
- You will resume your usual diet increasing fluids to prevent constipation.
- You will be independent getting in and out of bed.
- You will progress to being able to walk 150 feet alone.
- If you have stairs at home, you will practice stair climbing.
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
10/27: Community Forum on Ebola PreparednessMedical experts from Newton-Wellesley, the city of Newton, and Mass General will present about ebola, with a Q&A session. Mon, Oct. 27, NWH Shipley Auditorium - 7:00 to 8:30 pm
View Flyer >
10/28: Free Running Clinic
Join us on Tuesday, Oct. 28, from 6:00-8:00 pm in the Shipley Auditorium at Newton-Wellesley Hospital for a free presentation for beginner and intermediate runners. Registration required.
Learn More >