Post-Operative Day 2
Daily Plan of Care: Day Two
- You will continue with incentive spirometer to exercise your lungs.
- Pain medicines will continue, as you need them.
- IV fluids and antibiotics will be stopped.
- Bandages frequently stay in place and are changed the day of discharge.
- You will be given a laxative at bedtime if needed.
- Compression boots will be worn to promote circulation and prevent blood clots. You may also have elastic stockings. The bladder catheter may be removed.
- Lab tests may be done.
- Your diet will be advanced as tolerated and fluids increased to prevent constipation.
- If you have not already done so, encourage a family member or friend to come to the Hospital to review the next day’s discharge planning with a member of your health care team. Staff will provide a tentative discharge time so you can arrange for transportation home.
- Progression of mobility, walking greater distance.
- You will spend more time out of bed during the day.
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
Men's Health Fair & Car ShowJoin us on Sunday, September 21, from 9:00am-1:00pm for our combined FREE health screenings and classic car show.
Learn More >
Wellness Classes Offered Throughout the YearDid you know we offer Pilates, Zumba, Yoga and other wellness classes year-round? Sign up now.
Learn More >