Post-Operative Day 2
Daily Plan of Care: Day Two
- You will continue with incentive spirometer to exercise your lungs.
- Pain medicines will continue, as you need them.
- IV fluids and antibiotics will be stopped.
- Bandages frequently stay in place and are changed the day of discharge.
- You will be given a laxative at bedtime if needed.
- Compression boots will be worn to promote circulation and prevent blood clots. You may also have elastic stockings. The bladder catheter may be removed.
- Lab tests may be done.
- Your diet will be advanced as tolerated and fluids increased to prevent constipation.
- If you have not already done so, encourage a family member or friend to come to the Hospital to review the next day’s discharge planning with a member of your health care team. Staff will provide a tentative discharge time so you can arrange for transportation home.
- Progression of mobility, walking greater distance.
- You will spend more time out of bed during the day.
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
February Pre-Marathon Runner’s Injury Screenings
Come to one of our free runner’s screenings where you will be assessed by a physical therapist and given appropriate treatment recommendations as they relate to your goals.
Learn More >
Wellness Center Classes
Did you know we offer a variety of exercise and fitness classes designed to accommodate various levels and abilities? Many of our classes are starting this January. Our schedule is available for you to view.
Learn More >