Day Before Surgery
On the day before your surgery, make sure you follow these specific instructions:
- Shower and wash your body thoroughly. You will be given a special soap to use the day before surgery.
- Follow the instructions you received at your pre-admission visit about all your medications.
- Do not eat solids after midnight including food of any kind, milk or coffee lightener, orange juice, alcohol, gum, candy and mints.
- Clear liquids are allowed up to four hours before surgery including water, black coffee, clear tea, apple juice (no cider) and cranberry juice.
Absolutely nothing by mouth within four hours of surgery.
What To Take To The Hospital
- Asthma inhalers and any eye drops
- Personal toiletries
- Short robe and loose pajamas
- Flat comfortable shoes/sneakers and socks
- Glasses for reading (leave contact lenses at home)
- You may want to bring a prepaid phone card to use for long distance calls.
- Small amount of cash (no more than $10 in case you want to buy newspapers).
- Health Care Proxy
Do Not Bring
- Pocketbook, wallet and other valuables including watches, earrings and other jewelry.
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
February Pre-Marathon Runner’s Injury Screenings
Come to one of our free runner’s screenings where you will be assessed by a physical therapist and given appropriate treatment recommendations as they relate to your goals.
Learn More >
Wellness Center Classes
Did you know we offer a variety of exercise and fitness classes designed to accommodate various levels and abilities? Many of our classes are starting this January. Our schedule is available for you to view.
Learn More >