Day Before SurgeryOn the day before your surgery, make sure you follow these specific instructions:
- Shower and wash your body thoroughly. You will be given a special soap to use the day before surgery.
- Follow the instructions you received at your pre-admission visit about all your medications.
- Do not eat solids after midnight including food of any kind, milk or coffee lightener, orange juice, alcohol, gum, candy and mints.
- Clear liquids are allowed up to four hours before surgery including water, black coffee, clear tea, apple juice (no cider) and cranberry juice.
Absolutely nothing by mouth within four hours of surgery.
What To Take To The Hospital
- Asthma inhalers and any eye drops
- Personal toiletries
- Short robe and loose pajamas
- Flat comfortable shoes/sneakers and socks
- Glasses for reading (leave contact lenses at home)
- You may want to bring a prepaid phone card to use for long distance calls.
- Small amount of cash (no more than $10 in case you want to buy newspapers).
- Health Care Proxy
Do Not Bring
- Pocketbook, wallet and other valuables including watches, earrings and other jewelry.
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
Men's Health Fair & Car ShowJoin us on Sunday, September 21, from 9:00am-1:00pm for our combined FREE health screenings and classic car show.
Learn More >
Register Now for HopeWalks on Sept. 28Registration is open for the 5th Annual HopeWalks on Sunday, Sept. 28, to benefit the patients at the Vernon Cancer Center.
Learn More >