Benefits of Breastfeeding
Breastfeeding is an excellent way to meet your baby’s nutritional and emotional needs. Advantages to breastfeeding for babies include:
- Fewer allergies
- Fewer gastrointestinal tract diseases
- Fewer respiratory tract diseases
- Less inflammation of the ear
- Lower chance of childhood obesity
In fact, health professionals recognize breastfeeding as the best choice for most infants. The World Health Organization ranks food choices for babies as:
- The mother’s own milk expressed and given to her child through a bottle or syringe
- The milk of another human mother
- Iron-fortified formula
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
Read Our 2016 Boston Marathon BlogFollow members of the Newton-Wellesley Hospital team as they share their training experiences.
» Read Blog
May 16: AAA Driver Improvement for Mature OperatorsJoin our lunchtime discussion on specific problem areas seniors encounter on the roadway every day.