Benefits of Breastfeeding
Breastfeeding is an excellent way to meet your baby’s nutritional and emotional needs. Advantages to breastfeeding for babies include:
- Fewer allergies
- Fewer gastrointestinal tract diseases
- Fewer respiratory tract diseases
- Less inflammation of the ear
- Lower chance of childhood obesity
In fact, health professionals recognize breastfeeding as the best choice for most infants. The World Health Organization ranks food choices for babies as:
- The mother’s own milk expressed and given to her child through a bottle or syringe
- The milk of another human mother
- Iron-fortified formula
Find a Doctor
Find primary care physicians and specialists.
Feb. Runner's Injury ScreeningsIs an injury or pain interfering with your running goals? Come to one of our FREE runner's screenings for assessment and appropriate treatment.
» More Info
Upcoming ClassesCheck out this season's latest childbirth, exercise, Pilates, Yoga and Tai Chi classes at the Hospital.
» Class Schedule